Paytm popularity is increasing day by day. Now Paytm is offering a Paytm payment gateway which anyone can add on his/her website very easily.
Recently I have added this payment gateway to my client’s website
Points to remember:-
Before adding the Paytm payment gateway in your WordPress website you must have to complete your documents’ Paytm verification.
Also, I encourage you to go through the below information which is mandatory to be updated on your Website.
Any delay in updating any of the policies can lead to a delay in approving your application.
Basic Requirements for Website Verification:
1. About us
2. Contact Us (Company Name, Address, Contact numbers, Email Ids)
6. Terms & Conditions (Click here to download template)
7. Return, Refund, Exchange & Cancellation policy (Click here to download template)
There are following steps to add Paytm payment gateway in WordPress website:
- Upload the latest version of the WooCommerce plugin, install it & activate it.
- Download the latest Paytm plugin from here & Copy the folder named ‘Paytm’ into the directory location /wp-content/plugins/. Or, you may choose to upload the Paytm folder via the add new plugin in WordPress Admin panel.
- Activate the plugin through the left side ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Visit the Woo-Commerce => settings page, and click on the Checkout tab.
- Scroll down the Checkout page and go to the setting option of Paytm under “Gateway Display”.
- Click on Paytm to edit the settings. If you do not see Paytm in the list at the top of the screen make sure you have activated the plugin in the WordPress Plugin Manager.
- Save the below configuration
- Now you can see Paytm in your payment option.
- Save the below configuration.
- Enable – Enable checkbox
- Title – Paytm
- Description – Default
- Merchant Identifier – Staging/Production MID provided by Paytm
- Secret Key – Staging/Production Key provided by Paytm
- Website Name – Provided by Paytm
- Industry Type – Provided by Paytm
- Channel ID – WEB/WAP
- Gateway URL Staging
- Transaction Status URL
- Custom Callback Url – Disable
- Callback Url – customized callback URL(this is visible when Custom Callback Url is Enable)
- Return Page – My Account
- Your Woo-commerce plug-in is now installed. You can accept payment through Paytm.
Still, if you are facing any issue in adding the Paytm payment gateway in your WordPress website, you can mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Paytm dev support is very good as I have experienced.